Georgetown University Dance Company (GUDC)
Thank you so much for your interest in the Georgetown University Dance Company (GUDC)!
Our audition process will be composed of two parts:
- Application Form (Required) — due no later than Saturday August 27th at
5PM (ET) Submission opens August 1st , 2022. The application form also serves as
registration for the audition class.
- Audition Class (Required) – Sunday, August 28th , 2022, 2:00-5:00pm.
Location: Healey Family Student Center (HFSC) Dance Studio A (second floor)
The audition class includes learning and performing select ballet, jazz, and
contemporary/modern exercises and combinations. Please wear ballet slippers or
socks, a leotard and tights, or fitted clothing suitable for dancing for this session.
University policy will determine whether or not masks are required. In addition to
dancing, students will also participate in a conversation with a returning member
of the company. Check in begins at 1:50pm.
- If you have any other questions or would like further information about the
- GUDC will be hosting an optional information/Q&A session on Wednesday, August 24th , 2022 from 5:30-6:30pm. The session will provide an opportunity for all interested students/applicants to learn more about the company from student leaders and our Faculty Artistic Director. This session will be recorded and available by request for those unable to attend the session in-person.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time!
- Check out our social media channels:
- Facebook: Georgetown University Dance Company
- Instagram: @gudanceco
- Youtube: Georgetown University Dance Company
- Website: https://georgetownuniversitydancecompany.wordpress.com/
Black Movements Dance Theatre (BMDT)
Welcome to all dance students. Thank you for your interest in BMDT. We have an exciting
year planned. We’d love for you to be a part of our season. Please come to one of the “meet
and greet” sessions to learn more about BMDT. If you’re attending the audition, please
arrive 10-15 minutes early to complete the audition form. Auditions will be held Sept. 1st, 8-9:30pm in the HFSC – Dance Studio A.
Attire: Normal dance attire. Workout gear is acceptable. Audition Class: Contempo-
modern dance class. Combinations may include: modern, ballet, jazz, hip hop and
African dance movement. We are seeking dancers and those with the ability to move
well. Please wear your best smile.
We are also seeking arts administrators and production crew members. Please contact
us about these positions.
For First Time Auditionees:
Welcome Dancers! Please arrive 10-15 minutes before audition to complete audition form.
Relax and enjoy yourself.
For Returning Group Members (if applicable):
Welcome back BMDT members. Please remember to register for the class.
For any questions please contact:
Alfreda Davis – Artistic Director: email@example.com
Edward Ramirez – (student director): firstname.lastname@example.org
Makayla Jeffries – (student director): email@example.com
Check back for more auditions to be posted.