The Davis Performing Arts Center provides a multitude of theater facilities and design studios, including two performance spaces and two rehearsal rooms, with priority dedicated to those studying theater, followed by access for other disciplines that use theater and performance to teach and engage the College’s undergraduate learning initiatives, research, and outreach. Student theater clubs work in the costume and scene shop studios and collaborate in the theater.
The Department of Performing Arts’ administrative hub is in the Davis Performing Arts Center, room 108, serves as a resource for all questions about performing arts and is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday, except on University holidays (202-687-3838). Our Music teaching hub is in New North and our dance teaching and rehearsal hub is currently in the New Healy Family Student Center.
(Please note-due to Covid concerns, DPA venues are not open to parties external to Georgetown University through at least April 2021 and will be dependent on University protocols)
- Davis Performing Arts Center (Gonda Theatre and Devine Studio Theatre)
To pursue a rental of the spaces in the Davis Center Spaces, please contact our offices at email@example.com (new window) and someone will get back to you.
- Village C Theatre – is a black box theatre located within the Village C dorms. It is mainly used for student-produced performances and rehearsals.
- Poulton Hall – the exclusive use for performances, rehearsals, and the social hub of Mask and Bauble Dramatic Society.
- Practice Rooms-(Reynolds, LXR, Healy Family Student Center) Rules and Availabilities
- New North Music Rehearsal Spaces – Studios A, B, C, and D (reserved for the Music Program and DPA approved ensembles only.)
Other Campus Spaces Occasionally Used By Performing Arts Groups:
- McNeir Auditorium, in the New North Building is a space controlled by the Office of the University Registrar in consultation with the Dept of Performing Arts. Non-DPA groups should please contact the Registrar directly about use and availability.
- Dahlgren Chapel, located in the Dahlgren Quadrangle is a space controlled by Campus Ministry. Please contact them for use and policies.
For rental information and capacity of the spaces above and others, please see the Office of Campus Activity Facilities (OCAF) website.
ICC Auditorium (ICC Building)
Lorhfink Auditorium (MSB Building)
BullDog Alley (located in the Leavey Center)
Gaston Hall, (3rd floor, Healy Building)
Many other campus spaces, lounges and outdoor areas.
Protection of Minors
Georgetown University has a Protection of Minors Policy to protect those under 18 years of age who participate in programs and activities associated with the University and to provide guidance and requirements that apply to University students, faculty, and staff who are involved with such programs and activities. The policy also includes requirements for non-University organizations that operate programs or activities involving minors at facilities on campus. Additional information about the policy may be found at protectionofminors.georgetown.edu.