INSTRUCTIONS UPLOADING SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS:
1. Visit https://app.box.com/signup/personal/ to create your free 10GB account.
2. If you don't already have a Box account, just fill out the required info and click the "Submit" button.
3. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your provided e-mail address. Click the “Verify Your Email” button and sign into your account.
4. Once you’re taken to your new account, you’ll see the “Welcome to Box” message. You may choose to customize your account "for personal use" or "for work," or you can select "skip this and go straight to Box."
In the upper right corner, click on the "New" drop down menu and select "Folder."
5. IMPORTANT: Under “Create a New Folder” and “Folder Name,” please name your folder with the following protocol:
(For early action):
Early_Last name_First name_your Date of Birth
(For regular admission):
REG_Last name_First name_your Date of Birth
6. Leave "Invite People" blank for now and leave Permission on "Editor" (you will share your entire folder later once all of your individual files are uploaded, in step 9). Click “Create.”
7. Click into your newly created folder. You can drag or drop folders and/or files from your desktop or use the “upload” option, including:
- Your cover letter (required)
- Additional materials: resume, text file with links to audio/video, or actual audio/video files (under the 5 minute limit)
Example of uploaded files:
8. Once you have finished uploading files into the folder you wish to share (again, before or by the November 1st/January 10th admissions deadline), click on "All Files" to return to the “All Files” screen. This will be important in making sure you share the entire protocol-named folder and its full contents, rather than individual files.
9.To the far right of your completed folder, click the button with 3 dots next to the "Share" drop down. Go to "Share," click on "Invite Collaborators," and type one or more of the following addresses:
*If you are interested in submitting to more than one discipline, you’re welcome to enter more than one of the e-mail addresses at this collaboration invitation stage if your single cover letter accordingly describes your interests in multiple performing arts disciplines at Georgetown.
Click "Send Invites."
Note: Do not send direct e-mail messages to any of these accounts. These addresses are used for Box uploads only, and messages sent to these e-mail accounts are not reviewed/read.
10. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from Box when the invitation to collaborate on your folder has been accepted. Again, please note that due to University policy, and to the large amount of material we receive, we cannot offer any feedback or evaluation to candidates on their submissions, and that ultimately the Department of Performing Arts does NOT render the admissions decision.
11. The final step is transferring ownership of the folder. Make sure you can see the folder and click the button with 3 dots next to the “Share” drop down. Then select “Share” and click on “Manage Collaborators.”
12. Once you are viewing the list of Collaborators, click on the drop down arrow in the Permissions column next to the supplemental account to which you are submitting materials. You will see a dropdown menu. Click “Owner.” A box will come up asking if you’re sure; click “Okay.” If you are applying to more than one discipline (i.e. music and theater), we just need you to do this step for one of the two.
Subsequent inquiries regarding the status of your Georgetown University application should be directed to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. We are not able to comment on the status of your materials.
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Performing Arts!
If you have technical difficulties with your Box account creation or uploading material, please contact DPAmaterials@georgetown.edu.