Music Program Supplemental Materials
Please note that the Department of Performing Arts only accepts supplemental materials for review.
All applications for admission to Georgetown University should be sent separately to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Performance samples are not required as part of your Georgetown admission packet, and Georgetown currently has no music or theater scholarships. Supplemental materials should be submitted only if you plan to major or minor in music. Academic qualifications are primary in the admission process. Performance ability, however, can be considered as part of your application in the same way that extraordinary athletic, artistic or other abilities are considered. Only the very best performances may affect the admissions decision and, even then, music and theatrical abilities would be considered as only one of many factors.
If you think your musical ability will significantly help your application, please submit supplemental materials including the following:
1) Performance samples, including two separate musical tracks. You may send an mp3, YouTube video, or a CD. Mp3 music samples and YouTube videos may be sent to the Department of Performing Arts e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All CD recordings should be clearly labeled with name, address, phone number and piece(s) performed. Musical submission will be judged on the basis of technique, musicality, virtuosity, and range of repertoire. All CDs become the property of G.U. and will not be returned to applicants.
2) A resume, no more than two pages in length, including musical experience. Please outline private instruction in the instrument(s) you have studied and/or vocal classification; school ensembles; and outside ensembles. You may also include any other relevant musical training or experience.
3) Two letters of recommendation from a current teacher, director, and/or instructor in your arts discipline.
All materials should be sent directly to the Department of Performing Arts, where they will be reviewed. Subsequent inquiries regarding the status of your Georgetown University application should be directed to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Please submit materials via e-mail to email@example.com.
Alternately, CDs and letters of recommendation may be mailed to:
Attn: Robynn Stilwell, Ph.D.
37th and O Streets, NW
108 Davis Performing Arts Center
Washington, DC, 20057-1063
Please note that the Department of Performing Arts only accepts supplemental materials for review. All applications for admission to Georgetown University should be sent separately to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.
- Leading Washington Artists Reach Across Disciplines for World Premiere Dance-Theatre Collaboration: May 3-5
- Georgetown University Theater & Performance Studies Program presents area premiere of “Trojan Barbie: A Car-Crash Encounter with Euripides’ ‘Trojan Women’” by newest faculty member Christine Evans
- Anna Deavere Smith Residency at Georgetown University Includes Symposium, Staged Reading of “On Grace”